Our Tilt Compensated High Aspect Ratio Tip (AR5T) is similar to our High Aspect Ratio Tip (AR5). However, the high aspect ratio portion of the tip is tilted 13° with respect to the center axis of the tip. This compensates the tilt angle of the cantilever.
This compensates the tilt angle of the cantilever that results from mounting the probe to the AFM head. This unique feature allows absolutely symmetrical imaging of near-vertical sidewalls. Therefore these tips can be perfectly used to characterize to slope of steep sidewalls.
Tip Features AR5T
- Moreover the high aspect ratio portion is tilted 13° with respect to the center axis of the tip allowing absolutely symmetrical imaging
- The tip height is 10 to 15µm allowing measurements on highly corrugated samples
- The tip radius is typically 10nm
- The tip has a high aspect ratio portion that is larger than 2 µm
- This portion is symmetric when viewed from the side as well as along the cantilever axis and shows an aspect ratio of typically 7:1
For high quality deep trench measurements a high aspect ratio tip is highly recommended in order to magnify the region of interest. With a tilted high aspect ratio tip, the performance of the measurement can be enhanced even further by offering a more symmetrically scan.