For measurements on samples with sidewall angles approaching 90°, e.g. deep trench measurements or other semiconductor applications, we offer two different types of high aspect ratio tips showing near-vertical sidewalls
The high aspect ratio tips are fabricated on the base of the well-established Pointprobe® probes. Thus the geometry of holder and cantilever is equal to that of the Pointprobe® probes.
The mechanical properties of the cantilevers are described in the following product descriptions for each High Aspect Ratio Tip probe respectively. The probes’ properties are enhanced by the high aspect ratio tip shape.
Tip Features AR10
- The length of the high aspect portion of the tip is larger than 1.5µm
- The typical aspect ratio for these last 1.5µm is in the order of 12:1
- Resulting from this the half cone angle is typically smaller than 2.8°
- The tip radii are typically better than 10nm
- The tip height is 10 to 15µm allowing measurements on highly corrugated samples