NanoWorld Pointprobe® NCH probes are designed for non-contact or tapping mode imaging. This probe type combines high operation stability with outstanding sensitivity and fast scanning ability.
All SPM and AFM probes of the Pointprobe® series are made from monolithic silicon which is highly doped to dissipate static charge. They are chemically inert and offer a high mechanical Q-factor for high sensitivity. The tip is shaped like a polygon based pyramid with a typical height of 10 - 15 µm.
These probes offer unique features:
- Tilted 13° to the center axis of the tip
- Length of the high aspect ratio portion of the tip > 2 µm
- Typical aspect ratio of this portion in the order of 7:1
(when viewed from side as well as along cantilever axis!)
- Half cone angle of the high aspect ratio portion typically < 5°
- Typical tip radius of curvature < 10 nm